Baby Loss Awareness Week 2017 (9 to 15 October) gives parents an opportunity to unite and commemorate their babies’ lives while raising awareness of pregnancy loss and baby death.
Bliss will be joining with other charities to support the campaign and call for improved bereavement care for anyone who has lost a baby before, during or after birth.
The campaign will be calling for:
- All UK hospitals to be required to offer excellent bereavement care to parents.
- A member of staff appointed to lead on bereavement care in every hospital department where pregnancy loss and baby death occurs.
- Bereavement rooms to be available and accessible in all hospitals.
- All health and social care professionals to receive the highest standard of bereavement care training.
Activities to get involved with during the week include:
- Bereaved parents and families sharing their stories and talking with family and friends, using #babyloss on social media or via the Baby Loss Awareness Week website.
- Joining the #waveoflight at 7pm on 15 October, by lighting a candle and sharing a photo of it on Facebook or Twitter using #WaveOfLight.
For more information on how you can support the campaign, please visit babyloss-awareness.org or if you need someone to talk to concerning bereavement, call our confidential helpline for free on 0808 801 0322.
If you would like a lasting and positive way to remember your loved one this Baby Loss Awareness Week, you can also create a Bliss Precious Star Tribute as a personalised tribute fund to which you can choose to donate however much you like, and will be there for as long as you want it.