Do you want to kick start your career in fundraising and work on one of our most popular fundraisers?
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to help Bliss achieve its ambitious fundraising targets.
Within the Events Team, you will be working on one of our most popular fundraisers, Bake for Bliss. This is a great chance to gain knowledge and skills as well as to play an active role as part of a dynamic Events Team.
The role will be based at Bliss' London Offices in London Bridge and we require a minimum commitment of 3 months. The role is for 4 to 5 days a week.
The Events and Community Volunteer Intern will be working on our popular fundraising event Bake for Bliss, helping us reach our income targets
- Assist with the promotion and donor care for Bake for Bliss
- Welcoming and thanking fundraisers with phone calls, emails and good luck cards
- Data entry – recording participant details onto our database (ALMS.net)
- Sending out fundraising materials
- Monitoring and maintaining material stock levels
- Internet research of partnership opportunities, merchandise and competitor events
- Assisting with other events and community fundraising as needed
In addition to having the qualities and skills listed below, the successful applicant will be enthusiastic with a desire to learn about events and community fundraising in the charity sector.
Skills, experience and personal qualities
- Good organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to work as part of a team
- Experience of meeting deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Effective communication skills with good telephone manner
- Strong IT skills
- Interest in fundraising, particularly events and community
The closing date is Friday, 23 December 2016 at 5pm.
Please submit your CV and equal opportunities form, along with a supporting statement describing how you meet the criteria in the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to the HR Officer, Bliss, Chapter House, 18-20 Crucifix Lane, London, SE1 3JW. This information is used when shortlisting candidates for interview.
- Equal Opportunities Form