Bliss is a member of the Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC), we fund research of the highest quality and are transparent and open about the way decisions are made about the work we fund.
- Applicants are first invited to submit an expression of interest outlining their project. Applications will then be checked to see if they meet the strategy. Those that do will be invited to complete a full application. Unfortunately we will be unable to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants at this stage.
- Where necessary full applications are reviewed by experts in the field.
- Full application will be reviewed by Bliss’ Research Panel and independent external experts.
Projects that require more than £10,000 a year will be sent for external peer review. This will give us expert insights from people who know the area of work or the technique that is being proposed by the research team. The peer reviewers will be asked to provide their comments on areas such as the method of the research project, value for money and their overall thoughts on whether Bliss should fund the project.
Bliss doesn’t fund animal testing research, but as a member of the AMRC we support their statement on the use of animals in research.
Please note that we are no longer accepting expressions of interest. Please check back here for details of future funding rounds.
The deadline for submission of expressions of interest is 12 January 2018. Please note that submissions after 12 pm on this day will not be considered. Successful shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit full applications by 12 pm on 12 April 2018. Full proposals will be considered by the research panel during summer 2018.
During stage one applicants will not be expected to submit detailed project plans, but should be aware that if successful a full application will be required with further detail of research methodology, research costs, ethical arrangements and plans for dissemination and publication. Bliss is only able to fund research in the UK.
Applicants are expected to:
- Follow the Medical Research Council’s Good Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Have patient and public involvement embedded throughout the project. Further guidance can be found on the Involve website.
- Consider budgeting for open access publication costs within the project submission, as funding for this will not be available at a later date.
- Have appropriate ethical arrangements in place which will be reviewed throughout the application process.
To make an application submit an expression of interest to email@example.com
If you have any questions or would like to discuss further please email firstname.lastname@example.org